Do you use a battery master switch for your boat batteries? Why not install a C100 Battery Combiner – Voltage Sensitive Relay. The Combiner 100 is a device which automatically connects two batteries together when either is receiving a charge.
No more remembering to switch between 1 or 2 or BOTH batteries in your boat.
No more risk of a flat starting battery because you left the switch on “BOTH”
Can be used with or without a manual battery master switch (see diagram)
100 Amp Battery Combiner
How does it work?
The Combiner 100 is a voltage-sensing relay (13.3 volts) which connects two batteries together when either is receiving a charge. When the charging ceases, the relay opens so that each battery operates independently. Supplemental battery banks can be added by using an additional combiner for each bank.
You never have to worry about switching to “BOTH” when your engine is running and forgetting to switch back to save your starting battery from discharge when you stop.
This combiner is suitable for installations with alternators up to 100 amps with one battery in each bank. Larger installations should consider using the 160 AMP model.
- 75 amps continuous rating, 400 amps closing current (2 seconds), 100 amps for 5 minutes
- Suitable for alternators up to 100 amps, up to 18 volts. Larger charging sources should use the Combiner 160.
- Waterproof – Ideal for exposed mounting in open boats.
- No voltage drop so batteries reach full charge.
- Electronic thermal monitoring with shutdown and automatic restart.
- Minimal wasted power, no heat sink or cooling required.
- Can be used on alternators with internal or external regulators.
- Alternators with external voltage sense require no special wiring.
- Simple basic installation, two battery wires and ground.
- Complete with all cables and terminals for basic hook-up.
- Green LED indicates when combined.
- Red LED indicates temporary thermal overload shutdown.
- Draws no current when batteries are not being charged.
- Draws less than 150 milliamps when charging is in progress.
- Optional external remote control for off, automatic, on.
- Remote “ON” can be used for assisted engine starting.
- Remote “OFF” can be used to disable the combiner.
- Withstands ambient temperature to over 80 degrees C.
- No diodes to burn out if accidentally shorted.
- Compact – only 2.5″ wide including tabs by 1 5/16″ thick by 1.5 high (plus cables)